Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Day 84

Today I slept it out. I think 83 days on the road is finally starting to catch up with me and kick me in the arse. I'm wrecked. I eventually got up and went for a sniff around Little Italy. It was a bit disappointing really. The closest that I got to a coffee (other than Starbucks) was this wall.



So, I had to settle for Starbucks where I had a coffee and a scone.

I met Paulo later on and we walked down to the trolley station. We took the blue line, changed to the orange and went east to the Gaslamp Quarter.





We went for a bite in a strange place called PJ's. There were no jacks and the staff was very unfriendly. Our sambos took ages so we did get a free drink for our troubles. Paulo had a soda but I went for an espresso. I asked for a double but got closer to a triple. Giddy up!

Walking around the corner, we went to Petco Park. The Friars weren't in town but we had a look around the stadium.









The official store at the stadium was quite disappointing. Not much in the way of caps but the ones they did have were thirty eight dollars and up!

We got back on the trolley and took the orange line all the way around to the other side of the city, traveling north. There was nothing to see. Nowt. Nada. Zilch. Zero.

We changed on to the green line and traveled east back to the old town. Still nothing. We did an entire loop and didn't see anything interesting all afternoon.

Feeling a bit under stimulated, we went back to the room for some wifi time and watched the Friars lose to the Mets - bitter!

Then we walked into town to the Gaslamp district and went to Xaviers for a bite. We both had burgers - they were seriously tasty and we washed them down with three dollar bottles of Dos Equis. Ya canty go wrong! We hung out and watched the Angels hammer the Yankees and even got a free beer at the end of the night for being in the right place at the right time. It was pretty much a perfect night!

We strolled back to the hotel and I went straight to bed. At this stage I need all the sleep that I can get.

No comments: